Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to the MP world. I just got an older MP40, 2011, with the white controller.

I put the pump on the tank and the controller flashed orange/red. I can not do anything with the buttons. I unplug and plug back in and still flashing.

I take the dry side off the tank and it will run and knob is orange. I unplug to put back on the tank, plug back in, and pump does not start with flashing, orange/red knob.

I take dry side off and plug in the pump starts running with orange knob. I leave plugged in and place on the tank and the pump stays running. I can use the knob to control speed and turn pump on and off. I can not do a reset or change mode.

The wet side spins easily when in my hand and is harder to turn when placed on the tank, assuming I am fighting the magnetic drive at that point.

I have also tried different outlets thinking the apex eb was not supplying enough power.

I have searched and tried the stuff I can find with no luck except taking controller apart and disconnecting the pump and removing the chip to reseat it.

Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Next step for me would be to call ecotech.

Top Shelf Aquatics

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Disassemble the wetside and make sure that there's no corrosion in the unit. All of the problems that I've had with my units (and I have many of them) have arisen from corroded wetsides that cause the unit to bulge and prevent proper blade revolution.

LiamPM

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats the actual issue you are seeing - When you set it to the tank it does not spin and the controller flashes orange & red?

Id personally try a hard reset first via the controller and all off of the tank. It may kick somehting back in.

Otherwise - Orange & red flashing is indicative of a bad motor - page 17 - Believe the same manual applies to the older Vortechs still.

https://ecotechmarine.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/QuietDrive_FullManual_Final_102517.pdf

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
bkhunt

bkhunt

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Disassemble the wetside and make sure that there's no corrosion in the unit. All of the problems that I've had with my units (and I have many of them) have arisen from corroded wetsides that cause the unit to bulge and prevent proper blade revolution.
I will look at it more carefully. I do know the blade spins freely, at least I think freely. The blade spins if I put onto tank while dry side is running

Does it need to be connected to the wet side in order for you to do a reset on the controller?

Thanks for your reply.

Tcook

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure there is no rust in the wet side.

20200703_162837.jpg

Avast

Dburr1014

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will look at it more carefully. I do know the blade spins freely, at least I think freely. The blade spins if I put onto tank while dry side is running

Does it need to be connected to the wet side in order for you to do a reset on the controller?

Thanks for your reply.
It does Not need to be connected to do a reset. If the wet side spins freely, that is not the problem. The controller only spins the motor. The wet side is only coupled with magnets. The controller or motor does not care if the wet side is connected or not.

AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back