+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, hope everything going.
Here's my issue. I bought a MP10WQD from BRS back in October and it's been running great until last week. Not sure which side it is but they both keep falling off. Not sure where to go from here.

Thank you.

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
R

RSREEFING

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glass thickness?

And is the dry side supported? If the dry side is supported, only the wet side should fall off if the glass is too thick.
It's on a IM 50 lagoon. The dry side isn't supported because I'm still trying to find a good spot for it.
I also have another mp10 on the other side that's not supported but that one hasn't run into any issues.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
10mm glass, thats fine for an MP10. FWIW ecotech says they will not work on anything over 9.5mm, but my tank is 12mm and as long as I support the dry side, they stay coupled and do not fall off if I stay under 90%.

Whether they stay from not being supported or not, read the direction. The dry side should be supported with a sticky "puck" and cable tie that sticks to your glass. this keep them coupled, and from falling off the glass.

If my dry side is not supported, both sides fall off when on 90% intensity in any mode, But my glass is supposed to be to thick for mp10's.

OP
OP
R

RSREEFING

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
10mm glass, thats fine for an MP10. FWIW ecotech says they will not work on anything over 9.5mm, but my tank is 12mm and as long as I support the dry side, they stay coupled and do not fall off if I stay under 90%.

Whether they stay from not being supported or not, read the direction. The dry side should be supported with a sticky "puck" and cable tie that sticks to your glass. this keep them coupled, and from falling off the glass.

If my dry side is not supported, both sides fall off when on 90% intensity in any mode, But my glass is supposed to be to thick for mp10's.
Okay thank you. I'll try supporting it and see if that fixes it

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back