Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I had a mp10 for 8 years. The dry side ended up acting weird and would just pop off the side of the tank. I ended up buying a brand new QD dry side and I upgraded the controller to the QD controller. I then started having issues with my wet side, so I just bought a new wet side. Put the new wet side in and I can’t keep it running for more than 3 seconds before the dry side bounces and pops off the tank. The glass is clean and according to ecotech I don’t need a spacer because my nuvo20 has 6mm glass. Anyone have any advice?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
scooter24

scooter24

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you clean the inside of the glass too?
Also, clean the back of the wetside.

Use magic eraser.

Does your dryside have the cable going upwards and attached to the tank with a ziptie to suspend?
Glass was clean inside and out, the wet side is clean and was right out of the box. The dry side is supported and has never fallen and hit the ground.

Avast

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Generally the dry side pops off if the wet side is hard to turn. Hold the wetside and spin it with your finger. It may not spin freely but it should turn 2-4 times. Also when new you may need to run it at higher power for a while to break it in.

Even a new wet side may need cleaned. They have tiny bits of plastic in them that bind them up a little.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does it hold when the unit is off?
Sometimes the wetside will have a film on the back that seems slippery when its new.
I always have to wipe it down good and then rub it around on the glass to press any air from the back almost like removing air sticking a suction cup.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Generally the dry side pops off if the wet side is hard to turn. Hold the wetside and spin it with your finger. It may not spin freely but it should turn 2-4 times. Also when new you may need to run it at higher power for a while to break it in.

Even a new wet side may need cleaned. They have tiny bits of plastic in them that bind them up a little.
I agree.

The wetside should be taken apart.
Ive had them arrive with the ceramic shaft cracked off.
I always clean and relube with molykote 111

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
scooter24

scooter24

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does it hold when the unit is off?
Sometimes the wetside will have a film on the back that seems slippery when its new.
I always have to wipe it down good and then rub it around on the glass to press any air from the back almost like removing air sticking a suction cup.
When off it grips really well.

OP
OP
scooter24

scooter24

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It spins freely but I’ll tear it apart and clean it

OP
OP
scooter24

scooter24

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I had a mp10 for 8 years. The dry side ended up acting weird and would just pop off the side of the tank. I ended up buying a brand new QD dry side and I upgraded the controller to the QD controller. I then started having issues with my wet side, so I just bought a new wet side. Put the new wet side in and I can’t keep it running for more than 3 seconds before the dry side bounces and pops off the tank. The glass is clean and according to ecotech I don’t need a spacer because my nuvo20 has 6mm glass. Anyone have any advice?

Tore the new one apart and cleaned it, still spins free and the dry side still pops off. the old one does just fine still even with a broke center shaft. wondering if the magnet is just weaker in the new one? the old one feels like a stronger magnetic bond than the new one

AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Top Shelf Aquatics
Back