Moving soon looking for holes to be poked in the plan.

Sabra616

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! As the subject stats I am moving soon. I have a 20gal, 10gal, reefer 250 the smaller tanks will not be re setup on arrival. I am upgrading the 250 for the current fish and moving the fish from the 20 and 10 to the reefer 250. 20 and 10 combined stock is 2 clowns 2 gramas 1 sixline 1 purplefire fish.(yes it is in way to small of a tank temporarily for the firefish but my hawkfish was gonna kill it). The 250 current stock is 1 yellow tang 2 clowns 1 filefish 1 neon goby 1 falcao hawk 1 gramma. Oh yeah and corals in every tank. For the animals in the move I have Black 3 gallon buckets that I have a hole for air in and a 3inch pvc pipe coming out for air exchange. I have bubblers and I have a ton of matrix media and filter sponges that have been in the sump for a few months now hopefully colonizing all that good bacteria. The fish will be kept no more than 3 to a bucket and each fish other than my one true pair of clowns will be in separate containers in the buckets. The yellow tang will have its own bucket. The fish will have to live in the buckets for a few days while we get their systems setup. I will be monitoring ammonia and doing water changes of the buckets. Temperature shouldn't be an issue we are in the south. But I have heaters on hand if needed. I guess writing all of this out my main concern is having to keep the fish living in the buckets. I do have a contingency of getting some 40 gallon stock tanks to hold the critters if getting the tanks setup quickly ends up not happening. Im hoping to have the animals in the buckets no longer than 5 days if I am going to exceed that I will get the 40 gallon tubs. I have to have the floors of the home supported before filling the tanks with water and this could be the delay in getting the critters setup. Thank you for reading and giving any feedback!!

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it sounds like a solid plan. You have flow/aeration, bio media and water changes covered, so it seems you should be all set. Just be careful not to over-feed while your friends are bucket-bound. Maybe also consider a large PVC elbow in each bucket so fish have a place to hide if they want to, even though i assume the buckets will be dark, fish may wish to further conceal themselves when they feel uneasy.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back