+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone!

I’m getting married in June (yay!) and we are moving from TN to FL. It’s around a 7 hour drive. I have a 40gal mixed reef tank to move, and I think I have a plan, I just wanted to post it on here to see if I’m missing anything. The tank is around 3 years old. I have 2 clownfish and a coral beauty angelfish (been waiting to get new fish until we move). I also have some coral, a lot of which is attached to rock. I also have some bumblebee snails, 2 turbo snails, and a horseshoe crab (a tiny one as of right now)

The plan: I’m planning on moving everything in buckets. Probably around half the tank’s volume worth. Rock with coral attached will go into bucket. Fish will go in a separate bucket with no rocks. Rocks with no coral attached will just be left out with no bucket. Since the drive is so long, I was going to put a heater in each bucket as well as an air stone to keep it oxygenated. Does anyone know the best way to do this? Are there battery powered air stones/heaters? I was also going to keep as much sand as I can. Once we arrive I’ll reuse the water from the buckets to get the tank close to half full then just top it off with new RODI water, even though that will take a while.

I have another question though. Right now, my RODI filter system is hooked up to the sink in our garage. But we’re moving into an apartment, and I’m not sure if the sink will have the right attachment. I’ve seen people hook their system to the laundry room, how do you do this?

Thank you for any help and advice.

Avast

Pistondog

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes there are battery powered air stones.
The heaters may be a problem, use heat packs or maybe not necessary if the car is warm enough. Get buckets with screw on lids and poke a hole in each for air stone.
May need an adapter for the rodi to sink, but easy.
I like your plan.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
LA
Back