+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I'm from Minnesota and I need to transport very large frag tanks from Florida back to Minnesota. Does anyone know any companies or professionals who can get this done for me? The only thing I ask is for the tank to be insured in case it gets damaged on the road. Other than that I'm open to discuss pay and such.

Any leads, contact, or help is appreciated! Thank you!

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish and starfish lover!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I can say is that it’s going to be very very very expensive and probably worth it to just buy a new tank and sell the old ones!! Think thousands of dollars expensive in moving fees with very limited options! You could definitely keep the livestock though and transport it yourself. You could also hire a normal moving company but places that move tanks do it locally or are local fish stores. I’m not aware of any companies in the U.S. that solely offer an aquarium moving service across that long of a distance.

Last edited:
OP
OP
YellowFinsReef

YellowFinsReef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I can say is that it’s going to be very very very expensive and probably worth it to just buy a new tank and sell the old ones!! Think thousands of dollars expensive in moving fees with very limited options! You could definitely keep the livestock though and transport it yourself. You could also hire a normal moving company but places that move tanks do it locally or are local fish stores. I’m not aware of any companies in the U.S. that solely offer an aquarium moving service across that long of a distance.
Actually, it's cheaper to get these tanks and transport them than buy a new one lol

That's why I'm very persistent on getting them here.

AS

AydenLincoln

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, it's cheaper to get these tanks and transport them than buy a new one lol

What about possibly paying for a company like UPS or FedEx which is insured and can ship it or a normal moving company? I’m saying there isn’t a company that specializes in shipping fish tanks that long of a distance. Either way it is still going to be very expensive. You could also rent a moving truck and hire local movers to get it on and off the truck? Which I think is your best option to do it yourself. Is it for personal use? A new store/business? How big are the tanks?

Gedxin

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This seems counter to your original question then. You are specifically asking:
Does anyone know any companies or professionals who can get this done for me? The only thing I ask is for the tank to be insured in case it gets damaged on the road
Yet you know no one what has done it or offers the moving service? Why are you're saying it's cheaper to just transport than buy? Who does it 'cheaper'?

Top Shelf Aquatics

AydenLincoln

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size are they? Are they glass or fiberglass? I would look into professional craters and ship it FedEx ton weight
Not a bad idea to ship it on a pallet/in a crate and probably cheaper than hiring a professional mover! But it will still be expensive.

OP
OP
YellowFinsReef

YellowFinsReef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This seems counter to your original question then. You are specifically asking:

Yet you know no one what has done it or offers the moving service? Why are you're saying it's cheaper to just transport than buy? Who does it 'cheaper'?
I'm not asking for feedback. Thank you though!

OP
OP
YellowFinsReef

YellowFinsReef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size are they? Are they glass or fiberglass? I would look into professional craters and ship it FedEx ton weight
It's glass - shallow tank (maybe 180 and there's 2x). Thank you! I didn't even think of those guys!

R33f_Hacker

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
When we moved from TX to SC, a company came to do crates for my tanks, then put in a moving truck with my others belongs. One week later all was in my new home.
did you have coral to transport as well? I have a upcoming move 8 hours away and have a lot a good amount of sps.

Nutramar Foods

eraser2001

Review score
+4 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+4 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
did you have coral to transport as well? I have a upcoming move 8 hours away and have a lot a good amount of sps.
I shipped all my fishes first to an aquarium store, and I left my sps at TX with a friend. The problem was that my tank arrived 2 week later after I moved, so I had to restarted my tank again. After tank was good I went back and brought all corals with me. I put a lot corals in suitcase and flew with them back to Charleston.

R33f_Hacker

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I shipped all my fishes first to an aquarium store, and I left my sps at TX with a friend. The problem was that my tank arrived 2 week later after I moved, so I had to restarted my tank again. After tank was good I went back and brought all corals with me. I put a lot corals in suitcase and flew with them back to Charleston.
You just bagged it all? I gotta find somewhere to buy multiple sized bags. IDK why brs now saltwater aquarium sell them.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back