+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

just been informed by my landlord that he is selling our flat, so we will be moving in the near future... we will likely be moving no further than a 10 minute drive away.

I am in 2 minds about what to do with my tank. It’s only been set up 5 months but has a fair amount of livestock and quite a tall aquascape (relative to the tank - Waterbox 20 gallon cube), so I see emptying everything into buckets being quite a hassle, and probably impossible to replicate the scape again.

Has anyone ever moved a tank with everything in it and just drained the water down, maybe by 50%? I could completely drain the back chambers and remove all equipment. Maybe place the tank on a board when carrying to prevent stress on the seals? Keen to here your thoughts
D9EA91D2-FD85-4ED0-BC38-7C99F5253A6F.jpeg

Top Shelf Aquatics

T-J

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

just been informed by my landlord that he is selling our flat, so we will be moving in the near future... we will likely be moving no further than a 10 minute drive away.

I am in 2 minds about what to do with my tank. It’s only been set up 5 months but has a fair amount of livestock and quite a tall aquascape (relative to the tank - Waterbox 20 gallon cube), so I see emptying everything into buckets being quite a hassle, and probably impossible to replicate the scape again.

Has anyone ever moved a tank with everything in it and just drained the water down, maybe by 50%? I could completely drain the back chambers and remove all equipment. Maybe place the tank on a board when carrying to prevent stress on the seals? Keen to here your thoughts
View attachment 1801333
Don't move a tank that isn't empty. Get buckets and bins, empty the tank, and then move it. Why risk the lives of your tank inhabitants or the stability of your tank because it's a "hassle"?

ScottR

Surfing....
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been there before. It’s not easy. Big buckets and lots of saltwater will be your friend. Make lots of water. I make sure to keep lots of wavemakers on hand as well.

Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

SaltwaterAquarium.com
Back