Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a tiny piece of birds nest that I cannot seem to get to glue to my rocks. Any tips or tricks? I cleaned off the surface of the rock with a toothbrush and used gorilla glue gel. First time held for a day and then I added more glue and it lasted about a week before it fell off. I assume a fish, snail or crab is knocking it over. Any ideas on how to keep it mounted?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
Floyd-

Floyd-

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perhaps try mounting to a small enough rock such that you can glue out of the water and then place the rock back. You could use rubble, etc. and then glue it wherever.
Might give that a go!
Just so your aware im nearly positive that gorilla glue products are not reef safe
Everyone recommended it to me so thats what I used.

BRS

exnisstech

2500 Club Member
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just so your aware im nearly positive that gorilla glue products are not reef safe
Gorrila glue gel is pretty much all I have used for at least 3 years with no issues. This is the stuff I use. There are different gorilla glues that probably are not reef safe I'm sure 20220926_150735.jpg

Last edited:

exnisstech

2500 Club Member
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jb water weld available at home depot . Dab of glue on finger tip with a glove of course. Rub that onto the rock where you want the coral. Dab of glue on the coral, small ball of water weld onto that then a dab of glue on the water weld. Stick it to the rock where you applied the glue and it should stick.

AquaCave Logo Banner

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I glued mine on a Frag Plug with Lock-tite Gel, Super Glue. The plug was dry, and I Dried the tip of the Birds Nest, with a paper towel. Glued outside of the Aquarium and let the glue dry, for about 3 minutes. I put it in a magnetic Frag Rack for a Couple weeks. Snapped the Stem off and glued the Frag. Disk to the Overflow Plastic with the Gel Super Glue.

Tonycass12

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is literally the only post i have EVER seen who said that :squinting-face-with-tongue:
Lol eh we all get one wrong sometimes. Gorrilla glue that i have experience with has a ton of additives in it but the one pictured in this thread is not one ive seen before. My bad

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Dburr1014

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I glued mine on a Frag Plug with Lock-tite Gel, Super Glue. The plug was dry, and I Dried the tip of the Birds Nest, with a paper towel. Glued outside of the Aquarium and let the glue dry, for about 3 minutes. I put it in a magnetic Frag Rack for a Couple weeks. Snapped the Stem off and glued the Frag. Disk to the Overflow Plastic with the Gel Super Glue.
Not sure who knows this, but cyanoacrylate actually heats up as it's curing. And, it will cure instantly in water because of lack of oxygen. Curing it in water will keep it cool so it will not burn any flesh of a coral. It's fine to glue it outside in the dry air but if you were to dip it just for a couple seconds it would get hard instantly and avoid any burning.

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
Floyd-

Floyd-

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did it go?
Out of the 3 pieces I glued on only one remains and its not that solid. Every time the gyre ramps up I can see it moving. I need to take everything back to square one and use epoxy with the glue. For me atleast the glue only method didnt work.

Top Shelf Aquatics
TCK Corals

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

AVAST
Back