More sub forums for equipment

Ecotech Marine

Which sub forums would you like to see under equipment?

• RO/DI Systems

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Skimmers

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Heaters/Heater Controllers

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • UV Lights

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Return Pumps

• Wavemakers/Powerheads

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Algae Scrubbers/Reactors

• Other

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Woodyman

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With all the equipment we are using in our tanks, sumps, etc. I think we need more sub-forums for specific equipment. This way we can keep everything heater, RO, Skimmer, etc. specific information and threads into the relevant categories. Trying to find information in the general category isn't the most friendly. Yes there is a search function above, but some things would be nice to get sub-forums so that we could have stickies of important topics right at the top instead of being buried and mixed in with stickies for all topics.

Currently there are only 3 sub-forums for equipment.
  • General Equipment, Hardware, Filtration
  • Aquarium Lighting by Dana Riddle
  • Aquarium Controllers
With all the different equipment I think it's time we get some more specific sub-forums!

Screenshot_20220319-191402.png

OP
OP
Woodyman

Woodyman

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
* RODI, ATO and UV
* Skimmers, Scrubbers and Reactors
* Pumps, Powerheads and Wavemakers
* Heating, Cooling

Minus your first point that grouping would be a welcome improvement.

ATO/UV could probably be grouped, but I think the RO/DI needs it's open sub forum individually.

There are always so many threads about RO questions and troubleshooting, having a few stickies in a dedicated thread could save repeat questions/threads. This applies to all the categories though not just RO.

kados

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I voted "Other". I think the existing categories are fine but I understand the thoughts mentioned here. I personally like fewer general options in a UI. I think what could be helpful is more direction or guidance for users to use the "Search" feature. It's amazing how many of the same questions are asked everyday. We've all been new to this at some point but something to drive new users to FAQS or Search. The stickies are great tools but we just need to get people there. I mean all of this to be constructive.

OP
OP
Woodyman

Woodyman

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I voted "Other". I think the existing categories are fine but I understand the thoughts mentioned here. I personally like fewer general options in a UI. I think what could be helpful is more direction or guidance for users to use the "Search" feature. It's amazing how many of the same questions are asked everyday. We've all been new to this at some point but something to drive new users to FAQS or Search. The stickies are great tools but we just need to get people there. I mean all of this to be constructive.

We can all agree to disagree on varying aspects.

With all the sub-forums already in place I don't disagree that streamlined and the less is more, but also at the same time with all the sub-forums already what's a few more? It should at least direct the clutter and hopefully when someone is attempting to post in a equipment specific forum it might answer their question without them hitting that post button!

Search feature is a great tool, and as usual on forums goes unused by most.

AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Battlecorals
Back