Mixing station advice.

MACHO

R-E-E-F-I-N-G What does that spell!! Money Pit!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all so about an hour ago I tried to start mixing water. Now I have bulkheads installed so that I can take off the saltwater mixing barrel and clean it if needed. That’s what I did today well I used a pressure washer and sprayed it down then put it back in well I’ve been smelling what smells like cleaner. I washed my truck with the same pressure washer with a foam blaster hookup. Well I hooked it all back up and tried to start pumping water through it and the top bulkhead won’t seal. No matter how tight I put it. Also I think the bottom bulkhead is also leaking for whatever reason. Should I just buy new bulkheads or put some pvc cement on the threads? It looks like it’s leaking from the female back end of the bulkhead. Also any recommendations on how I can make this a better station? The water won’t drain all the way due to the slip joint on the bottom being above the bottom by maybe 2 inches.
F9554B85-1CE4-40B4-AE9F-E21C84AB72EB.jpeg
03F7EAD0-03EA-4A01-AC7C-E95FC13DD5B2.jpeg

lapin

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I hooked it all back up and tried to start pumping water through it and the top bulkhead won’t seal. No matter how tight I put it.
Try using a uniseal on the top of the tank, instead of a bulkhead
Also I think the bottom bulkhead is also leaking for whatever reason. Should I just buy new bulkheads or put some pvc cement on the threads? It looks like it’s leaking from the female back end of the bulkhead.
Im confused. The female is just a pass thru hole. If its leaking because the gasket inside is not flush tight then you will have to tighten the bulkhead nut. Mine has gaskets on both sides. Replacing the bulkhead in a tall slim tank is not fun.
Also any recommendations on how I can make this a better station? The water won’t drain all the way due to the slip joint on the bottom being above the bottom by maybe 2 inches.
No idea. I dont worry about mine not being able to get the last 2 inches.

OP
OP
MACHO

MACHO

R-E-E-F-I-N-G What does that spell!! Money Pit!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try using a uniseal on the top of the tank, instead of a bulkhead

Im confused. The female is just a pass thru hole. If its leaking because the gasket inside is not flush tight then you will have to tighten the bulkhead nut. Mine has gaskets on both sides. Replacing the bulkhead in a tall slim tank is not fun.

No idea. I dont worry about mine not being able to get the last 2 inches.
Will have to try the uniseal idea thanks!! Just I get some smells sometimes and also sometimes the salt residue sits at the bottom

Top Shelf Aquatics

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back