+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I’m about to dry dose some fluconazole for my GHA issue I’m facing. One slight issue, the source I got my fluconazole from has it in powdered form at 100% purity. So the 1gram I got, is 1000mg of fluconazole.

I only have a Waterbox 20, so overdosing it would be likely if I eyeballed it, since I only need 200mg. If I were to add the fluc to say 10ml of RODI water, dissolve it, and dose 2mL of the prepared water, would this be a feasible solution outside of buying milligram scales?

not sure if dissolving it affects its potency or effectiveness. If not, I’d store the rest in the fridge, and just invert/swish it when I ever need it again, similar to children’s medications

@Randy Holmes-Farley may have an idea?

Nutramar Foods

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not know what dose you are looking for, but the solubility in water is reported to be only about 1 mg/mL, so if you want to dissolve more than that, you will need to add a solvent such as ethanol (vodka).

Dissolving in water or vodka won't impact the potency of the molecules that do dissolve.

OP
OP
yanni

yanni

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not know what dose you are looking for, but the solubility in water is reported to be only about 1 mg/mL, so if you want to dissolve more than that, you will need to add a solvent such as ethanol (vodka).

Dissolving in water or vodka won't impact the potency of the molecules that do dissolve.
Oh wow, so if I wanted to dissolve 200mg, I’d need to dissolve it in 200ml of water?

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
AAF
Back