Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m almost embarrassed to say but yesterday while I was cleaning the tank I inadvertently knocked off a freshly glued discosoma mushroom, not exactly sure where it floated off. After searching I couldn’t find it. How hardy are they? Can they move towards the light? If I can’t find it will it die and would this be bad for my system? Hoping to find it tonight. Yet another reason to keep my hands out of the tank.

AquaCave Logo Banner

GatorGreg

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s nothing to be embarrassed about. You’d probably be surprised at some of the mistakes people make and just don’t tell anyone.

that bad boy is in there somewhere. Probably wedged in some rock work. Got into sump area somehow? Depending on how hellbent you are on finding it. You may have to start moving rocks around and looking closely. Did it glow nice under all blues? Maybe set your lights to all blue make the room really dark and see if you can see it that way. Carefully move some rocks around, if that’s even feasible of course.

fullinfusion

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No
I’m almost embarrassed to say but yesterday while I was cleaning the tank I inadvertently knocked off a freshly glued discosoma mushroom, not exactly sure where it floated off. After searching I couldn’t find it. How hardy are they? Can they move towards the light? If I can’t find it will it die and would this be bad for my system? Hoping to find it tonight. Yet another reason to keep my hands out of the tank.

It's more than likely just shriveled up and is residing within your aquascape. Get a turkey baster or a powerhead and see if you can flush the sucker out

I kind of did the same thing with a small Kenya that fell off the mother colony tree. Moving some of my rock around and forgot it attached itself to a rock that I was moving swapped out for another piece, turned out it was still there and over time it started the poke its way up through the rocks LOL

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
N

NE reefer

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys. I’ll definitely turn off the pumps and take a good look around. Not sure I’m ready to tear apart the tank for this mushroom. If I can’t find it I’ll have to be pleasantly surprised when a colony surfaces

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
N

NE reefer

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I’ll find her tonight, I’ll look top down?

Attachments

• 2F1BDC78-62EE-4199-B6D8-74966A2BFECC.jpeg
    2F1BDC78-62EE-4199-B6D8-74966A2BFECC.jpeg
    212.8 KB · Views: 11
  • A6D9E3BD-DC64-4BFF-A5B3-3F70AB867F01.jpeg
    A6D9E3BD-DC64-4BFF-A5B3-3F70AB867F01.jpeg
    220.3 KB · Views: 12

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
They do drift when loose and when found, place in a cup with rock rubble allowing them to plant their foot and adhere then place in path of low flow. I have Many shrooms and they go nowhere

1679437100927.png

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys. I’ll definitely turn off the pumps and take a good look around. Not sure I’m ready to tear apart the tank for this mushroom. If I can’t find it I’ll have to be pleasantly surprised when a colony surfaces
It will survive, attach somewhere, crawl up toward the light and you will rediscover it....and then it will eventually take over your tank...it may be next year....it may be years from now... :p

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
N

NE reefer

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess it’s wait and see time. Hahaha I’m two years into the hobby. My goal is to have no visible rock at some point in time. Mushrooms seem to be a safe colorful option. Any suggestions or tank pictures of more mature tanks

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Aqua SD
Back