+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here goes my milk carton ad.

I got my first bubble tip anenome two days ago. The first night he crawled under a rock and looked stuck (two or three tentacles could been seen through a tiny opening in the rock). So I carefully dismantled my rockscape moved him to a higher spot with better lighting and low flow (away from holes and openings) he seems to really like it, fully extend and didn't move all day. Last I checked on him he was in same place around midnight. This morning I wake up, stretch, grab my coffee, go to check on my little piece of reef and boom he's gone! Like totally gone. I've check under and around every rock near by.

Could something have eaten him? Is he hiding? How small can he get? What should I do?

Corals.com
OP
OP
Chase89

Chase89

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can shrink into a tiny, whitish blob. If it's foot was in a hole or crevice, it may actually still be there and you just can't see it. As far as predation, it's possible but not likely. What do you have in the tank?

I didn't think anything I have would've/could've eaten him that fast.

I have two, yellow tangs, two kupangs, a gobie, two blood shrimp, two emerald crabs and few snails and hermits.

OP
OP
Chase89

Chase89

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for help everyone, I knew they would move, I guess I just didn't account for them trying to hide. Hopefully he'll pop back up in a few days.

Any suggestions for encouraging him to come out?

Corals.com

Mr. Bill

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Head of the Chesapeake, North East, Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for help everyone, I knew they would move, I guess I just didn't account for them trying to hide. Hopefully he'll pop back up in a few days.

Any suggestions for encouraging him to come out?

Yes, leave it alone. The more you mess with the nem or tank conditions, the longer it will hide. It just needs time to acclimate itself to it's new environment.

Mr. Bill

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Head of the Chesapeake, North East, Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't think anything I have would've/could've eaten him that fast.

I have two, yellow tangs, two kupangs, a gobie, two blood shrimp, two emerald crabs and few snails and hermits.

Nope, you don't have anything that would eat it. :)

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back