Minimum salinity for Hanna marine phosphorus checker?

Fishy888

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got 75 pounds of old live rock and a bunch of sand which is full of phosphates and die off.

My plan is to soak the rock in RO/DI water which I’ll change out at least once a day. After that I’ll mix up some saltwater and retest. What is the minimum salinity for the marine hanna phosphorus checker LR?

Until I get the phosphates under control I want to use mainly RO/DI water to soak and clean the rock. Like I said earlier I want to use as little salt as I can until the curing process is far enough along to start seeding with bristle worms and some hermit crabs.

Nutramar Foods

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got 75 pounds of old live rock and a bunch of sand which is full of phosphates and die off.

My plan is to soak the rock in RO/DI water which I’ll change out at least once a day. After that I’ll mix up some saltwater and retest. What is the minimum salinity for the marine hanna phosphorus checker LR?

Until I get the phosphates under control I want to use mainly RO/DI water to soak and clean the rock. Like I said earlier I want to use as little salt as I can until the curing process is far enough along to start seeding with bristle worms and some hermit crabs.
Thread below

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Frag Farm
Back