Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, im looking for an ID for this nice millipora.
Without orange and yellow filter it's more pink with green polyp. With filters its a bright orange with green polyp

20230522_152027.jpg 20230522_152825.jpg

Avast
Nutramar Foods
AquaCave Logo Banner

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking more for whether or not it's a named piece or just a wild no name
Where did you get it? If it's a named piece they should be able to tell you. If not, then it's not named. It appears to me to be a frag from a wild or maricultured piece which would not have a name.

OP
OP
Tom nhia

Tom nhia

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you get it? If it's a named piece they should be able to tell you. If not, then it's not named. It appears to me to be a frag from a wild or maricultured piece which would not have a name.
Got it from a lfs, it was in the discounted rack so no name given. Is it possible that it can come in as Maricultured with a name or is that only for a few select strains. I recently got a Maricultured colony that was sold as walt disney from the exporter to importer buddy. He didnt sell it as walt disney since it didnt color up yet but told me it had potential so wondering if thats a similar case of Maricultured with name

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it from a lfs, it was in the discounted rack so no name given. Is it possible that it can come in as Maricultured with a name or is that only for a few select strains. I recently got a Maricultured colony that was sold as walt disney from the exporter to importer buddy. He didnt sell it as walt disney since it didnt color up yet but told me it had potential so wondering if thats a similar case of Maricultured with name
If it came from an LFS I can almost guarantee you it was a frag from a maricultured piece. Nothing wrong with that, it just doesn't have any lineage to a named piece. You can call it whatever you'd like (but don't call it an actual named piece. You could say it looks similar to a named piece.) The exporters are just throwing names on now to try and get more money, but the actual purpose of naming it is to provide lineage. If you buy a frag that is called a BigR Walt Disney, that should mean that it came from the original BigR Walt Disney colony or a colony that started as a frag from the original colony. Of course these days everybody is just throwing the names onto wild and maricultured in order to get more money for the frags. This is one reason that it is important to purchase from reputable sellers that can provide lineage if you are actually looking for a specific coral. If you don't care about lineage (which is just fine by the way) then just buy what you like and make sure it's healthy.

Nutramar Foods
TCK Corals

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
A Reef Creation
Back