Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I brought home a Midas blenny Monday afternoon and it's been in a 10-gallon QT for just over 72 hours now - no treatment in the water, just observation for the time being. I'm wondering what others have experienced with bringing home one of these guys?

I set up a tub with sand on the bottom of the tank and I put an aquarium decoration (fake rock with a cave) in the tank so he would have something to perch on, but he spends most of his time hanging out in the space between the back of the HOB filter and the glass (see photo). After 24 hours, he started spending time during the day sitting behind a powerhead (which creates quite a current, so I haven't been turning it on). He has yet to explore any of the tank other than this little corner.

I'm paying close attention to feeding because I've read the "skinny blenny" thread and I'm trying to give him a variety of foods. He acts hungry because he attacks any food I put near him, but after grabbing one big flake and eating it he won't take any more for awhile. He's interested in mysis, but usually just takes one in his mouth then spits it out. I put a small piece of red nori near him, but there was no interest. I have seem him dart out a few times to grab a flake of that was floating in the open, though.

Because he doesn't roam the tank for food, I don't want to just put a bunch of food in there that will drop to the bottom and spoil, so I've been trying to spot feed him. Any suggestions for feeding while in QT? I'm not worried about him because he does eat some, just wondering if I can do a better job of feeding.

Blenny-20230511_161608.jpg

Blenny-2-20230511_164539.jpg

Nutramar Foods
Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Queen City Corals
Back