Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I have been battling ostreopsis and have UV running. It started to come back when Nitrates bottomed out to zero. Now I have an additional green mat growth on the sand. Please help me get an ID.

Attachments

• IMG_2874.MOV
    60.7 MB
Top Shelf Aquatics

Quietman

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couldn't view the attachment. However, it's not unusual to have some other algae take over when you've reduced the first primary pest. For dino (ostreopsis) to stay gone it took me a few months of running 8x tank volume/hr (or as close as I could get) through UV at 30000 uw/cm2. At only a few weeks I reduced flow and they showed up again. At 2-3 months I was able to reduce flow with no return of dino.

And my tank was inundated with GHA following dinos. I finally went with an ATS to control the GHA but I'm sure just solid maintenance/removal will work over time. Just need to give system time to recover.

I'd caution on any kind of harsh chemical treatments. Dinos really stress the livestock (coral and fish) in the tank and whereas they can normally handle chemical treatments (Dino-X for example), the stress they've just gone through already can make them unable to survive chemical dosing.

Good luck!

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Ecvernon

Ecvernon

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kept on searching I think It may be Euglena. Found this post that led me to that information

Deltec

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
TCK Corals
Back