Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am one week into hypo on my fowlr tank due to a large outbreak of ich, currently sitting at 1.009. Everything seems good and the fish are doing really well, clear eyes and vivid colours.

I dose Seachem stability daily and test for ammonia / nitrite with no spikes so far after a week.

I have just finished a battle with Procentrum Dinoflagellates by out competing them with Mb7 and Mb clean / phyto and pods. Can somebody see any issue with continuing to use mb7 and clean during hyposalinity? Could the bacteria in either create real problems at 1.009 sg?

World Wide Corals

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am one week into hypo on my fowlr tank due to a large outbreak of ich, currently sitting at 1.009. Everything seems good and the fish are doing really well, clear eyes and vivid colours.

I dose Seachem stability daily and test for ammonia / nitrite with no spikes so far after a week.

I have just finished a battle with Procentrum Dinoflagellates by out competing them with Mb7 and Mb clean / phyto and pods. Can somebody see any issue with continuing to use mb7 and clean during hyposalinity? Could the bacteria in either create real problems at 1.009 sg?

IDK - Procentrum as a group are often a coastal / estuary species, so they might flourish under hypo? I've never had an issue with them under hypo but I also NEVER light a tank with hypo above fish-only levels.

Jay

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0

The bacteria fights the bad bacteria with dino. The real need they have is light, so keep it minimal but with the bacteria , it should fine- I would dose 1.5ml per 10 gallons and keep in mind that Its biological deficiencies that are causing the dino structure, not bacterial issue

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
sawrip

sawrip

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bacteria fights the bad bacteria with dino. The real need they have is light, so keep it minimal but with the bacteria , it should fine- I would dose 1.5ml per 10 gallons and keep in mind that Its biological deficiencies that are causing the dino structure, not bacterial issue
Thanks for the reply.

I joined Mack's group on Facebook and they talked me through to getting rid of it which seems to have worked, my worry was do I have to stop the bacteria dosing due to Hypo and potentially reverse a lot of progress, it seems I can still go as normal with both microbacter 7 and microbacter clean.

Lights are minimal due to it being a fowlr - ten percent for eight hours usually.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Thanks for the reply.

I joined Mack's group on Facebook and they talked me through to getting rid of it which seems to have worked, my worry was do I have to stop the bacteria dosing due to Hypo and potentially reverse a lot of progress, it seems I can still go as normal with both microbacter 7 and microbacter clean.

Lights are minimal due to it being a fowlr - ten percent for eight hours usually.
You Can Go without the added bacteria if that is your concern. Reduce the white intensity as well.

OP
OP
sawrip

sawrip

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You Can Go without the added bacteria if that is your concern. Reduce the white intensity as well.
I'd like to keep dosing it for the foreseeable future until the tank matures a little (8 months at present), I was just worried I'd have to stop the process due to hypo impacting things.

Lights are always pure blue, no whites or reds.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Bulk Reef Supply
Back