Medusa worms

ScottF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was watching a video of a shrimp riding a medusa worm around a reef tank and it was one of the most interesting things I've seen in reefing. I've always been into interesting critters. I like looking at fish and coral, but I really like watching interesting critters like pompom crabs or shrimp/goby pairs scurry about.

I was thinking about trying to find one of these for my little (15gal) reef, but it seems like these may get big. Is this too small of a tank for this cucumber? I'd rather do it in the 15gal than the 250gal. The 15 was originally going to be a nem/clown with some softies like pulsing xenia. It already has a nem guard on the MP10.

I'm think the 250 probably isn't a good place for one. I don't want to put nem guards on the Gyres/MP40s. I'm also concerned about the whole grenade aspect. I'd be sad if it wiped out my 15gal. It would probably only be the worm, the shrimp, a small CuC and some xenia. Maybe a leather and a small fish.

I'd be devastated if it wiped out the 250.

OP
OP
ScottF

ScottF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After further research it seams that one should have a larger tank with nem guards on the power heads. I guess no medusa worms for me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ScottF

ScottF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was all ready to name my medusa worm Shai-Hulud and it's emperor shrimp Shaddam Corrino. Maybe some day I'll setup a tank that can be a good habitat for one of these creatures.

ISpeakForTheSeas

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was all ready to name my medusa worm Shai-Hulud and it's emperor shrimp Shaddam Corrino. Maybe some day I'll setup a tank that can be a good habitat for one of these creatures.
Haha, they are super cool critters - and those would great names.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
So I was watching a video of a shrimp riding a medusa worm around a reef tank and it was one of the most interesting things I've seen in reefing. I've always been into interesting critters. I like looking at fish and coral, but I really like watching interesting critters like pompom crabs or shrimp/goby pairs scurry about.

I was thinking about trying to find one of these for my little (15gal) reef, but it seems like these may get big. Is this too small of a tank for this cucumber? I'd rather do it in the 15gal than the 250gal. The 15 was originally going to be a nem/clown with some softies like pulsing xenia. It already has a nem guard on the MP10.

I'm think the 250 probably isn't a good place for one. I don't want to put nem guards on the Gyres/MP40s. I'm also concerned about the whole grenade aspect. I'd be sad if it wiped out my 15gal. It would probably only be the worm, the shrimp, a small CuC and some xenia. Maybe a leather and a small fish.

I'd be devastated if it wiped out the 250.
Cool looking but not desired and do get large same as with bobbit

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back