Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was asked to post a few pics of what I have left of MeCold's palys after fragging them over and over... These are my favorite palys EVER!! :

MeCold6.jpg

MeCold5.jpg

MeCold4.jpg

MeCold3.jpg

MeCold2.jpg

MeCold1.jpg

Woohoo!
:D
Laurie

Top Shelf Aquatics
CLICK TO VIEW
OP
OP
jessiesgrrl

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the :naka:

I've had them for about 2 months under 250 MH 10k (20k in the middle of the tank though), and they grew from 3 polyps to 21, no joke. I have traded them for AWESOME stuff, including and acan frag... The middle went from pinkish purple when I first got them to fuschia, no rings at all, and the mouth matches the oral disk (but is white inside). The skirt is this emerald green... I keep telling myself I am going to grow it out but then I get another trade PM, and I break down...

<giggle>
Laurie

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
jessiesgrrl

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mecold said:
Under 10k, they are nice. Under 14k or 20k, they are really awsome. I know several on here who have frags of em :)

IMO, you should be submitting a pic to ZoaId to get em named... I think you should be the one to do it before anyone else does!

<nudge nudge>
Laurie

mecold

Oh I wish I were an......
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't come up with a catchy name, I do like marvins sugestion :) My ego is already swelling.

Marvin, from my experience with them, the skirt isn't ever solid green, but will get a lilttle brighter. Look close and you should find a second color (pink or orange) on the skirts as well.

Paul

OP
OP
jessiesgrrl

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The skirts on mine under 20k 250 HQI MH are a neon green with like black speckles in the skirts. About halfway up the tank is where they seem to do best.

Hey Paul, how about Alien Explosions, for their awesome growth rate??

Laurie

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mecold said:
I can't come up with a catchy name, I do like marvins sugestion :) My ego is already swelling.

Marvin, from my experience with them, the skirt isn't ever solid green, but will get a lilttle brighter. Look close and you should find a second color (pink or orange) on the skirts as well.

Paul

sounds good.. I will keep my eye on 'em.. :)

seems like a fast grower so it'll be awesome to have a 30+ polyps mini colony of them..

Marvin

OP
OP
jessiesgrrl

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mecold said:

Paul

Wow, I wonder if that means the black speckles in the skirts of mine will turn a diff color... would rock if the skirt would turn purple and green, with a fuschia oral disk like that.

Paul, they aren't mine to submit... I'd feel bad doing it even with your permission. Those are truly something special and your name should appear under them on ZoaId for orginating them...

Laurie

Nutramar Foods

mecold

Oh I wish I were an......
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a couple of frags, but trading is out untill I get my zoa pox cured and out of the way! Zoa pox haven't touched my palys at all, but they marry be a carrier of the pest responsible, so no go for now. Like I sad, I know several folks here who have em. With their rate of growth, most of the should be able to frag a few polyps.

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
jessiesgrrl

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mecold said:
Nah, they came from the ocean. I just sent them a little farther. Besides, my pictures stink! The only pictures that are worth a darn are the ones you and a friend of mine in jax took.

KK, I will submit the pics but will tell Whodah to name you in the folder... Thanks for sharing them so freely to all of us. They are the best ones in my tank, imo.. even better than all my people eaters, jmho.

Laurie

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Deltec
Back