+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys,

I have a Maxspect MJ-DC6K im currently setting up on a Waterbox (new Build) and i am getting an Err 7 code when powering up.
Cannot find error codes in the manual or in the Box, and searching online is coming up blank. Any ideas what this is ?

Thanks in advance.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Peace River

Thrive Master
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm sure that is frustrating. I didn't see anything online either. Hopefully someone here will know about the Maxspect pump error codes, but if not you may need to submit a ticket on the Maxspect website. Good luck!

OP
OP
M

MSP

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for reply.

I did contact Maxspect and they replied
max.png

For anyone that might get this error as i could find nothing to help online or in the manual,

I had Err 7 no flashing just constant and after a min or so the pump would try to spin again but same error, so I removed the casing to find the propeller was not spinning.
It turned out from investigating that there's a plate under the propeller that should slide up and down the shaft Freely but had become sticky. With no casing it would work, but as soon as the casing was on it would become stuck and not allow the propeller to spin.
I gave it a good soak and scrub until the plate would slide with no resistance and all is now well.

pump.jpg

pump2.jpg

CLICK TO VIEW

Peace River

Thrive Master
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's great news - I glad to here that your pump is now working! Also, thank you for sharing this information - there's a good chance it will be helpful to someone in the future.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Kessil
Back