Maxspect gyre wavemaker settings help 200g

Bigreeflittlefish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all so i have a IM int 200 gallon tank and i got some maxspect gyre wave makers but im blasting all my corals and sand alittle too much with it trying to find out a great settings for my corals to get good flow and stay wavy ideas?

OP
OP
B

Bigreeflittlefish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do you have it positioned in the tank? I personally like the random flow mode and incremental increase/decrease pulse modes.
Left and right side walls centered flow faced alittle upwards
I’m pretty new with this model do you have pump A on one setting and B on other?

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can sync them, I'd set them to run counter to one another. I'd also recommend placing them near the top of the water's surface, that way they are creating plenty of surface agitation, and the gyre motion will more gently move the water lower in the water column. This also jives with most light-loving corals being placed up top, such as SPS, which will appreciate the more intense flow up top.

OP
OP
B

Bigreeflittlefish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can sync them, I'd set them to run counter to one another. I'd also recommend placing them near the top of the water's surface, that way they are creating plenty of surface agitation, and the gyre motion will more gently move the water lower in the water column. This also jives with most light-loving corals being placed up top, such as SPS, which will appreciate the more intense flow up top.
hmm I’ll give it a try is there a way to set it up on the controller to be ran counter to each other

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmm I’ll give it a try is there a way to set it up on the controller to be ran counter to each other
I don't have experience with syncing maxspect gyres, but if there is an app to control them, there should be a way. Otherwise just set them both on random mode.

FUNGI

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have experience with syncing maxspect gyres, but if there is an app to control them, there should be a way. Otherwise just set them both on random mode.
There is an app (SynaG), but only works with ICV6 controller ($100 add-on ) LOL

FUNGI

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
B

Bigreeflittlefish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

eBAY UK
Yah i guess i gotta order one of these cause the basic controller kinda sucks think ima have both set to either random or pulsing for now

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yah i guess i gotta order one of these cause the basic controller kinda sucks think ima have both set to either random or pulsing for now
See how the random/pulse works for your corals. I'm a fan of automation to an extent, but in a case like this you might just be spending for the sake of spending with no positive change.

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run 2 different budget gyres on my frag tank with manual controllers, and everything in my frag tank is happier than my display which has 2 anti-synced gyres and 2 anti-synced vortech mp40s...

OP
OP
B

Bigreeflittlefish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See how the random/pulse works for your corals. I'm a fan of automation to an extent, but in a case like this you might just be spending for the sake of spending with no positive change.
Yah ima mess with tot alittle tonight see what i can come up with corals definitely don’t like the stronger flow atm

FUNGI

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there is a Y cable also, for connecting two gyres to one controller to sync

FUNGI

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all so i have a IM int 200 gallon tank and i got some maxspect gyre wave makers but im blasting all my corals and sand alittle too much with it trying to find out a great settings for my corals to get good flow and stay wavy ideas?
SWorry...I assumed....is this regualar version on the cloud version?

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back