+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reefers :)

Can‘t seem to find any information if there’s a maximum recommended length for the tubes/hoses on the Mastertronic.

I want to place it in a book case across the room. Length of tubes would be about 5-6 meters and the height would be about 2 meters above sump level.

I might place my Alkatronic next to it as well.

Any advice would be welcome,

Cheers!

BRS

Enderg60

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Max length is set at 2 meters. Manufacturers say this is to make sure no "old" water stays in the lines when testing to insure accurate results. Which makes sense.

For my alkatronic and mastertronic you have to calibrate the intake pump, so theoretically if you calibrate it for a longer hose it should not matter as it empties the hose each time.

I plan to test this out on my new setup shortly but my longest run will only be about 2.5 meters (8 feet ish) I would honestly advise not trying to make it suck 8 meters of water.

Side note, the waste and RO lines can be converted to 1/4" tube and run as far as you want without issue.

Nutramar Foods

robinm

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The hoses are fixed length of 2m and it's not recommended to change the length at all. I believe it takes into account the volume in the hoses when emptying, washing etc.

Enderg60

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI I have now calibrated and tested my alkatronic and mastertronic that have sample tubes replaced with about 8-9 feet of RO tubing and they are working perfectly.

Neptune

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

A Reef Creation
Back