+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,
So l had a velvet outbreak in my tank and am devastated at the loss of my two baby clowns who l loved, my midas blenny, my tang ☹️

but I am determined to keep in this hobby!! I was looking at maroon clowns for my next clown pair (after the fallow period of course). I will have a BTA for the clowns at this time too. Will that help with maroon aggression??

AquaCave Logo Banner

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hey all,
So l had a velvet outbreak in my tank and am devastated at the loss of my two baby clowns who l loved, my midas blenny, my tang ☹️

but I am determined to keep in this hobby!! I was looking at maroon clowns for my next clown pair (after the fallow period of course). I will have a BTA for the clowns at this time too. Will that help with maroon aggression??
Think twice about maroons. These beautiful little clowns become a living terror utilizing their sharp teeth to move objects around, biting other fish and even their owners.

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think twice about maroons. These beautiful little clowns become a living terror utilizing their sharp teeth to move objects around, biting other fish and even their owners.
Ah so having a BTA in there before the maroons wont temper that impulse with them then?

Top Shelf Aquatics

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Avast

jtf74

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah okay. I just love the look of them so much. But being a beginner I think lll just get a cool designer pair!! Will designer clowns host BTAs?
I have a pair of petco tank raised maroons. The female is 9 years old. They have been model citizens, but have heard they can be mean. I do have nems too and they don't bother other fish that get close. I got them both pretty small less than 1.5" -2" (5 years apart) and had them with tangs, gramma, butterflies, damsels, angels, gobies, and firefish. They do get quite large as you can see

so an aggressive one could be a problem.

Last edited:

jtf74

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You aren't kidding about the rock and coral moving if its too close to their nems. Wow, I can't believe the size of rocks my female has moved.

Top Shelf Aquatics
Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Atlantik Icon  reef aquarium LED Bar
Back