Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 1" return line that reduces to 3/4" as it enters the tank. I would like to design a manifold to connect into this 1" return line so I can use my return pump to feed the manifold.

I'm thinking of using a UV sterilizer on this manifold, plus habe rim for other items as my tank matures.

Question...should the run off the return line be 1", 3/4", or 1/2"? I know i will more than likely reduce off the manifold with 1/2" attachments... just nit sure how big the main manifold line needs to be!

CLICK TO VIEW

swensos

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water will go the path of least resistance, but if you're going to reduce to 1/2" (which is what I have on my manifold), I don't think it will matter. Smaller pipe and fittings will be less expensive, but if you already have a bunch of 1" or 3/4" pipes and fittings, just use those.

OP
OP
Idoc

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water will go the path of least resistance, but if you're going to reduce to 1/2" (which is what I have on my manifold), I don't think it will matter. Smaller pipe and fittings will be less expensive, but if you already have a bunch of 1" or 3/4" pipes and fittings, just use those.
Thanks... i was trying to recall if it mattered. I thought i read somewhere to keep the line off the main return line to be smaller to help with head pressure or something like that. But, i can't find the thread or article discussing it!

Corals.com

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Hanna
Back