Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it common for mandarins to eventually eat less frequently? Mine used to peck constantly, but this last week I don't see it feed on pods as frequently.

I have an abundance of pods, lots of iso, small amphis and several species of copepod.

I noticed about a week before the much less frequent pecking that it would open its fins way more frequently, wondered if there was a corelation.

The spot he is hanging out in, in the pictures is a hair algae patch absolutely loaded with amphis, and it was more interested in showing off than pecking.

I would take more pics, but typically the chromis school covers him up when the phpne comes out.

20230323_222843.jpg 20230323_222843.jpg 20230323_222918.jpg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it common for mandarins to eventually eat less frequently? Mine used to peck constantly, but this last week I don't see it feed on pods as frequently.

I have an abundance of pods, lots of iso, small amphis and several species of copepod.

I noticed about a week before the much less frequent pecking that it would open its fins way more frequently, wondered if there was a corelation.

The spot he is hanging out in, in the pictures is a hair algae patch absolutely loaded with amphis, and it was more interested in showing off than pecking.

I would take more pics, but typically the chromis school covers him up when the phpne comes out.

View attachment 3086800 View attachment 3086804 View attachment 3086807
is there any aggression? has it been twitching or flaring its fins? "itching"? breathing heavily? any other sort of abnormal behavior?

Any new additions to the tank, Fish or otherwise?

OP
OP
Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is there any aggression? has it been twitching or flaring its fins? "itching"? breathing heavily? any other sort of abnormal behavior?

Any new additions to the tank, Fish or otherwise?
Last additions were 2 months ago, 1 engineer goby, 4 green chromis, and 1 fire fish.

He has been flaring his fins lately the last half hour before lights out, but no apparent aggression. By flaring I mean extending its fins like in the pictures, idk if I am misinterpreting flaring.

The only other thing that's really changed is that it used to have a home it would go to at lights out, and stay in that one spot until lights on, but now it doesn't stay innactive all night the last month or 2.

AquaCave Logo Banner
Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
The Random Flow Generator® Nozzle by VCA
Back