+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!
So I have a pair of mandarin dragonets from Biota, and they are pretty dang small still. Well lately some aptasia has been popping up in their tank. I’ve been using a turkey baster to get the ones in sand bed, and gluing over the ones on rock but obviously that won’t get rid of the problem. I do have a peppermint shrimp thats good to go into the tank, however these dragonets are my babies, and I would hate for anything to happen to them. Which is why I want to ask, would a peppermint shrimp and a dragonet be okay together? I tend to not be a fan of these shrimp, seeing as in my other tanks, one has tried eating a zoa, one has bit me, and the another steals algae wafers from all of my fish and inverts. I have zero trust in them. I would hate for the shrimp to attack my dragonet. Thanks for your time!

Nutramar Foods

blaxsun

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mandarins have a particularly foul slime coating - which is why pretty much everything ignores and/or leaves them alone. Pretty sure the shrimp won't even give him a second look (I have much larger crabs in my tank and even they won't go anywhere near my mandarin).

Top Shelf Aquatics
Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back