• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Male Anampses Chrysocephalus for sale

YellowFinsReef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I'm in Minnesota and I had a pair of Anampses Chrysocephalus (redtail tamarin, psych headed wrasse, clown headed wrasse) until recent. I don't want to sell him, but there's no other option as both males are trying to kill one another. And this one is stuck in a 40G grow out tank. It's a terminal male Anampses Chrysocephalus.

More info: I've had it since 2016 when it was 1.5". Currently, it's about 4.5". It came straight from Hawaii. It's fat, hardy, healthy, and very active. The fish is very tame and will not burrow like most other wrasses--you can literally scoop it up in a net or with your hands. It won't panic or splash either when caught. It eats everything from pellets, LRS, live foods, and masstick. It doesn't pick on corals or other invertebrates, but it will be aggressive towards another white spotted looking tamarin wrasse. I'm open to offers, but asking price is: $250. I'm open for trades if you have other tamarin wrasses of similar or higher rarity.

For those who may not know, this fish is quite difficult to keep in the hobby (considered expert-only) as females and the difficulty increases for males imported from Hawaii. I've had this fish for 4 years, 3 years as a female and 1 year as a male. We'll be going onto our 5th year in October.

I can't ship. Pick up is welcomed as you get to see the fish in person.

20190324_210111.jpg 20190324_232030.jpg 20190324_143703.jpg

Last edited:
Top Shelf Aquatics
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

The Random Flow Generator® Nozzle by VCA
Back