Yesevil123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly when I started my hobby with saltwater fish I just guessed the whole way through it. My tank was only 13 gallons, and it was a whole entire ecosystem. I had to only do water changes once a month and it was thriving.

Now, I'm basically starting over, i kind of messed up in a sense. I sold my two live rocks that were COVERED in GSP because it completely TOOK OVER my tank. It was super pretty but it was growing everywhere. Now, I have a 20 gallon tall tank with new live rocks, new sad, new everything besides for the fish and invertebrates I had in the 13 gallon.

Long story short, I'm trying to do this the right way now and need everything to be perfect so it can get back to being an ecosystem again. I use to use tap water, but I never had a problem with it. But I moved to a different town, and I think this water is much different.

What can I use for water instead of tap??
How do I get rid of the amount of diatoms in my tank??
What fish can I even put in my 20 gallon tall tank that won't be too big, pretty, peaceful, and reef safe?

(I have 1 clown, a pistol shrimp, watchman goby, a few hermit crabs, a mandarin goby, a snail or two, and a tuxedo sea urchin. I did have an anenome but it got sucked up into my filter)

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back