Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read a bunch of threads, have this invasive anemone. Only had one for a long time. Now have several. Thought I’d pull them off and let them live in my predator tank but couldn’t get one off the rocks with a dental like tool out of my dragging kit.
Would that cause any problem in a tank with only GSP?

These don’t have bubble tips as I read Majano do, so wondering if I have them ID’d right.

CCC3F312-9648-4392-A4D9-C722986B45A4.jpeg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

strawberryfish

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weird almost looks like galaxea but, Are probably Majano, It's kinda subjective as to whether or not they would cause problems, they are likely to continue spreading and reproducing, but may not fully kill off GSP but they do have a strong sting I believe, So unless its a FOWLR or you don't mind losing things to them I'd try and get rid of em. I certainly wouldn't want them anywhere near my fancy zoanthids but that just me. :thinking-face:

OP
OP
HankstankXXXL750

HankstankXXXL750

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weird almost looks like galaxea but, Are probably Majano, It's kinda subjective as to whether or not they would cause problems, they are likely to continue spreading and reproducing, but may not fully kill off GSP but they do have a strong sting I believe, So unless its a FOWLR or you don't mind losing things to them I'd try and get rid of em. I certainly wouldn't want them anywhere near my fancy zoanthids but that just me. :thinking-face:
Yeah, I know they spread, had only one for months now several. Tried to remove one to put in with my predators. But he sticks really good. I thought the pick kinda looks like a Duncan. But the color seems right for Majano.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS has some in their display tank and actually the ones that they have are quite nice. I was having a discussion that it would be cool to start a "pest" coral tank with GSP, Pulsing Zenia, Kenya trees, etc. and just let them go at it.

OP
OP
HankstankXXXL750

HankstankXXXL750

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS has some in their display tank and actually the ones that they have are quite nice. I was having a discussion that it would be cool to start a "pest" coral tank with GSP, Pulsing Zenia, Kenya trees, etc. and just let them go at it.
Ha, I have Cespitularia, went wild. I have pulled most and put in a new tank for angels. If they eat it, fine. If not I’ll have to keep fragging it.

strawberryfish

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I know they spread, had only one for months now several. Tried to remove one to put in with my predators. But he sticks really good. I thought the pick kinda looks like a Duncan. But the color seems right for Majano.
I concur, If you're determined to keep one it'll likely survive some serious poking. I moved a mini maxi not long ago and could have sworn I was gonna kill it but it stuck right back down in the new tank like nothing. Could also try to blast them with flow or the ice cube trick.

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
HankstankXXXL750

HankstankXXXL750

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I concur, If you're determined to keep one it'll likely survive some serious poking. I moved a mini maxi not long ago and could have sworn I was gonna kill it but it stuck right back down in the new tank like nothing. Could also try to blast them with flow or the ice cube trick.
Don’t know the ice cube trick. Some rock I can probably pull, they say if out of water the will often release.

strawberryfish

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t know the ice cube trick. Some rock I can probably pull, they say if out of water the will often release.
An ice cube in a bag pressed against the foot supposedly causes nems to pull away, the bag is supposed to protect from temp shock, but if you can remove the rock from the tank you may have better luck.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Tropic Marin USA
Back