Magnificant Foxface long white poop

JustinMN18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Two days ago I got a Magnificant Foxface ("quarantined") from an online seller that I've frequently used. There was a mixup somewhere, as I ordered a 1 spot, but got a baby magnificant. Anyway, I had it in an acclimating box for about 24 hours, and decided to let it into the rest of the tank. He seems fine overall, except for this long stringy white poop. My assumption is internal parasite, but could this also be remnants from what the fish was being fed prior to delivery? Or a stress response?

I just added him in with everyone about 20 minutes ago, and now I'm seeing this. I attached some pictures.

Any thoughts or suggestions for observation or treatment would be appreciated!

20240824_150534.jpg 20240824_150532.jpg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
have you tried feeding yet ? new may be skittish to eat ,may not, better pic and a short 30 sec video of breathing will help the experts... #fishmedic

OP
OP
J

JustinMN18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have you tried feeding yet ? new may be skittish to eat ,may not, better pic and a short 30 sec video of breathing will help the experts... #fishmedic
I'll grab a video when I get back home in a bit. But the breathing seemed normal to me, and it hasn't eaten yet while I've had it. When I left home, the white stringy poop was still attached, and that was probably 35 minutes after I took these pictures.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Two days ago I got a Magnificant Foxface ("quarantined") from an online seller that I've frequently used. There was a mixup somewhere, as I ordered a 1 spot, but got a baby magnificant. Anyway, I had it in an acclimating box for about 24 hours, and decided to let it into the rest of the tank. He seems fine overall, except for this long stringy white poop. My assumption is internal parasite, but could this also be remnants from what the fish was being fed prior to delivery? Or a stress response?

I just added him in with everyone about 20 minutes ago, and now I'm seeing this. I attached some pictures.

Is it eating well?
What are you feeding it?

Mucus feces can be from dietary issues or from protozoans that have increased n numbers in the fish’s gut due to stress and weakened immune system.

Frozen adult brine shrimp is like roughage and can break up the mucus if that’s what it’s from.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Hello,

If you’re feeding mysis and brine shrimp exclusively, this will mimic internal issues
Add TDO pellets, plankton and LRS herbivore frenzy to the diet

OP
OP
J

JustinMN18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it eating well?
What are you feeding it?

Mucus feces can be from dietary issues or from protozoans that have increased n numbers in the fish’s gut due to stress and weakened immune system.

Frozen adult brine shrimp is like roughage and can break up the mucus if that’s what it’s from.
Thanks Jay,

It hasn't eaten yet while I've had it (about 30 hours now). While it was in the acclimation box, it didn't eat anything that I could see. I tried very small pellets, as well as brine shrimp and Reef Frenzy. Right now it's pretty spooked by my YT (which also you helped me get better haha, thanks!). It is behaving just like a previous Foxface that I had.

Would it make sense to feed the tank an anti-parasite medicated food to the whole tank? Just to be safe?

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back