+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,

I fell into freshwater aquascaping after a botched attempt at goldfish keeping (daughter wanted me to win a goldfish at a fun fair, so like an idiot I thought why not, and ended up hundreds of $ poorer and saddled with a 20 gallon tank and eventually Fluval 207).

I'm looking to get into pico reef keeping because why not (I see a trend in my insanity), and am debating between a Waterbox 10 or a DIY large glass bowl, a la Cordelia The Reef (anyone know what happened to that, BTW?).

Greatly appreciate anyone able to tell me their own experience with pico reefs in a round bowl and do's and don'ts as I dive into the deep end (ha!).

Thank you

Top Shelf Aquatics

Peace River

Thrive Master
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

Spicy Reef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,

I fell into freshwater aquascaping after a botched attempt at goldfish keeping (daughter wanted me to win a goldfish at a fun fair, so like an idiot I thought why not, and ended up hundreds of $ poorer and saddled with a 20 gallon tank and eventually Fluval 207).

I'm looking to get into pico reef keeping because why not (I see a trend in my insanity), and am debating between a Waterbox 10 or a DIY large glass bowl, a la Cordelia The Reef (anyone know what happened to that, BTW?).

Greatly appreciate anyone able to tell me their own experience with pico reefs in a round bowl and do's and don'ts as I dive into the deep end (ha!).

Thank you
Hi welcome to the reef :)
my first attempt at pico went well for 3 months, I think my mistake was evaporation and parameter balance. it was a 1 gallon bowl. lucky for me I have a 150g to save everything.
I'm having a go at a 5 gallon whine glass bowl for 6 months now so far so good. you can find vids on my channel.
There r a few challenges unique to pico reefs but it's sure fun learning.

Corals.com
BRS
OP
OP
genericaquarist

genericaquarist

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my first attempt at pico went well for 3 months, I think my mistake was evaporation and parameter balance. it was a 1 gallon bowl. lucky for me I have a 150g to save everything.
I'm having a go at a 5 gallon whine glass bowl for 6 months now so far so good. you can find vids on my channel.

Thank you for sharing! And for your helpful video

Top Shelf Aquatics

bnord

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome, and thanks for joining. There’s lots you can do with a 10 or 15 gallon these days. Truth be told out of my water box 15, as I do my Cade 180.

E186B7FF-B1FB-4E9C-8B96-5D3200E024C4.jpeg

Top Shelf Aquatics
World Wide Corals

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Chemi-pure.com - All-In-One Aquarium Filtration
Back