Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
personally i would reject it regardless.
i service a 300g tank that has a lunare wrasse in it. he knocks over corals, kills crabs and snails, has killed new fish being introduced.
just my .02

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He will outgrow a 40 rather quickly and as active as they are even as juveniles they need more space. They can and often are very nasty, as mentioned. I like their banana wrasse cousin, better. More handsome and more docile -- although definitely still aggressive.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can get quite nasty as they mature. However, their growth rate isn't that fast.

Top Shelf Aquatics

evolved

[email protected]
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, luckily I got a 180 gallon. So, I will have the Banana Wrasse AND the Lunare Wrasse. I seen it been done and I know I can replicate it. Hopefully. Dragon Wrasse gon be in there too. Maybe an Undy (jk). Thanks for answering!
Uh, good luck?
My Lunare Wrasse has tripled in size in 5 mths. They can be aggressive but not bad. Mine dislikes my Pintail, uuugh!:confused:
Different species. You're speaking to Cirrhilabrus lunatus, they're speaking to Thalassoma lunare.

Avast
OP
OP
E

Earl Karl

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Y'all think I can do a reef with these fish? Definitely no cuc, but do they just knock corals off or do they eat them? If they just knock corals off, that's fine. If they knock off some SPS colony, whatever breaks off are free frags to everyone. If they eat them though... that's a different story, but so far I don't think they eat corals as far as my knowledge and research goes.
I plan to stock:
Black Durgon Triggerfish (rehome) My first ever fish.
Banana Wrasse
Lunare Wrasse
Hawaiian Dragon Eel (rehome) Got this eel as a gift, I'm still broke as hell.
Dragon Wrasse (rehome)
Porcupine Puffer
Volitan Lionfish
Australian Harlequin Tusk (rehome) Another gift, still broke as hell.
Moorish Idol pair (rehome) luckily been with me for a year and 2 months. Hopefully, they'll keep going.
Person sold me "180 gallon" to me for $180 (dollar per gallon), too bad he didn't know that it was actually 240 gallons (8x2x2) lol.
All the fish with "rehome" by their names WILL go to 240. They are getting an upgrade from their 90 gallon reef. They are staying there no matter what.
All the other fish are just choices I'm considering. Hopefully I can keep all of them.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lunare wrasse won't eat coral, just knock them over. It and the banana wrasse are in the same genus, so add them simultaneously.

kohanson

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lunare wrasse ate my cleaner shrimp, took out both eyes from my newly introduced anthias, and keep attacking my hermit crabs right in front of me. I cannot imagine what he had did when I was not beside my tank. I think they attack small fishes. He is about 4 inches long.

Top Shelf Aquatics
Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Coral Frenzy
Back