+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!

We have this LTA for the past 2 months. We got it like this, pretty fully bleached, but it still has a bit of color left in it. Today I noticed one of her tentacles sort of shedding and showing a new tip fully colored. Is this something normal after bleaching? Is this the way for it to recover?
Also, should we continue feeding it? And if yes, how often do you recommend to feed? Thanks in advance

C063A141-2DB2-45F5-8A7D-68324135350A.jpeg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

OrionN

Anemones
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an article I wrote on Zooxanthellae transplant to treat bleached anemone.
Zooxanthellae transplant as treatment for bleached Anemones

Your anemone is recovering. He will be fully recovered in about 2-3 weeks. I notice you have other healthy LTA in the background. That would be where he gets his Zooxanthellae from to help him recover. You should feed him, maybe weekly or so would be ideal. The more you feed the faster he grows.

Top Shelf Aquatics

FurrierTransform

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an article I wrote on Zooxanthellae transplant to treat bleached anemone.
Zooxanthellae transplant as treatment for bleached Anemones

Your anemone is recovering. He will be fully recovered in about 2-3 weeks. I notice you have other healthy LTA in the background. That would be where he gets his Zooxanthellae from to help him recover. You should feed him, maybe weekly or so would be ideal. The more you feed the faster he grows.
Read your article, nice bit of work! I now think my anemone (had a few months), which hadn't been thriving may be very likely bleached (it came that way), as it only looks happy after a feeding. But without another unbleached anemone in the same tank, I'm not hopeful it'll get any of the photosynthetic cells.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
RED SEA
Back