Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im fairy new to the salt water world and have a 3month old tank. Coming from the fresh water world this has been the most interesting and fun time. Believe me I have questions! It's great to see the care that gets put into food that's going to feed our not so cheap hobby's to ensure quality and health in our livestock. My biggest struggle was finding food that was of high quality, like all the animals in my zoo at home I wanted to ensure my fish would be eating something healthy and as close to fresh. This video really helped me understand the company and the products they have 100x better than anyone at the local fish stores has been able to explain. Anyone willing to answer my noob questions about live pods, and how to keep good bacteria up in a tank?? Pm me! Again thank you LRS for taking the time to do it right and honorably!

View attachment 544704

LRS "Behind-The-Scenes" Giveaway

We're excited to announce a new and fun contest for our community sponsored by LRS Foods!

LRS Foods just celebrated their five year anniversary by releasing a “behind-the-scenes” video produced by Mark Callahan. They’ve come a long way in a short period of time and this video shows the care and diligence which has been the foundation of their success. LRS has offered up a nice package of frozen, dry and liquid foods as a way to say “thank you” for supporting their family business. You may not know it but LRS now distributes PE Mysis, Reef Nutrition, Coral Frenzy and Masstick foods. They are truly a “one-stop-fish-food-shop” for retail stores.

HOW TO ENTER
Watch the following video and comment on one thing, in this thread, that you learned about LRS that you didn’t know before! Your post will be your official entry.

THE PRIZE
6 packs of LRS, three jars of Coral Frenzy, one pack of Masstick, one pack of PE Mysis/Calanus, one jar of reef Nutrition Oyster Feast, Tigger-Pods and Phyto-Feast. That’s a combined value of over $350 with free shipping!

*Open to US residents only due to shipping*

Winner will be chosen via random draw from this thread on 8-10-17

Thanks again to LRS Foods for this awesome contest!
View attachment 544707

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Wakbrdgrl

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Loved this video! I was amazed to find out that only 7-10 days before I got the food it was swimming in the ocean! Well done! Salty Fins Utah is proud to carry this product in our store!!

Nutramar Foods

BViers07

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't know that your wife de-shelled the shrimp. Definitely nice to see the business owners putting in work. My Picky Mandarin love this food. I go through a pack a month, would be nice to win!

fred garvin

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn't know it had PE mysis in it. drove an hour and a half to pick up my 2 today.
21d7612eff180f3d543d21473794566f.jpg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a major operation.

This is a hand-crafted, artisanal food product.

This a family business, where Mr. and Mrs. stand shoulder-to-shoulder, producing the finest aquarium diets available.

I honestly didn't realize that _any_ product could be produced so individually, on such a massive scale.

My fish, on the other hand, don't care a hang about any of that.

They just love the food!

~Bruce

Avast

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is awesome. The amount of care and quality is amazing. Peeling by hand and not using some big machine full of possible errors. I hope I'm lucky enough to try the food!

Nutramar Foods

Bis4me

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice to see such fresh quality product used in the food.
View attachment 544704

LRS "Behind-The-Scenes" Giveaway

We're excited to announce a new and fun contest for our community sponsored by LRS Foods!

LRS Foods just celebrated their five year anniversary by releasing a “behind-the-scenes” video produced by Mark Callahan. They’ve come a long way in a short period of time and this video shows the care and diligence which has been the foundation of their success. LRS has offered up a nice package of frozen, dry and liquid foods as a way to say “thank you” for supporting their family business. You may not know it but LRS now distributes PE Mysis, Reef Nutrition, Coral Frenzy and Masstick foods. They are truly a “one-stop-fish-food-shop” for retail stores.

HOW TO ENTER
Watch the following video and comment on one thing, in this thread, that you learned about LRS that you didn’t know before! Your post will be your official entry.

THE PRIZE
6 packs of LRS, three jars of Coral Frenzy, one pack of Masstick, one pack of PE Mysis/Calanus, one jar of reef Nutrition Oyster Feast, Tigger-Pods and Phyto-Feast. That’s a combined value of over $350 with free shipping!

*Open to US residents only due to shipping*

Winner will be chosen via random draw from this thread on 8-10-17

Thanks again to LRS Foods for this awesome contest!
View attachment 544707

Top Shelf Aquatics

HeyShannon

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been fortunate to hear Larry speak before and all the work his wife and him are putting forth in their food is beyond incredible. I didn't know that they spend all that time hand peeling the shrimp. Keep up all the amazing work y'all do!

Schelebo

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The time, effort and heart Larry puts into his work shines through to how charitable he is. LRS constantly striving to improve their products and what they do to serve this hobby of ours, is beautiful.

Thanks Larry! For all that you do!

Top Shelf Aquatics

Mal11224

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great story and great product. I use LRS everyday for my reef and every fish in my tank, including two mandarins, eat it. It smells like seafood. I m glad my LFS sells this stuff.

What I did not know was that the preparation was such a manual process. Lets me know that I'm getting a good product.

Keep up the good work and thanks for making such a great product!

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

A Reef Creation
Back