Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, quick noob question. My tank is still new, but thriving. Looking to add more corals of course lol. My question is can you place the same type of coral next to each other and they not fight. for example Euphelia, with Euphelia. Duncan with Duncan, Cyphastrea with Cyphastrea, and brain with brain? I'm already guessing zoas with other zoas are fine. Things like that.

AS

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hey everyone, quick noob question. My tank is still new, but thriving. Looking to add more corals of course lol. My question is can you place the same type of coral next to each other and they not fight. for example Euphelia, with Euphelia. Duncan with Duncan, Cyphastrea with Cyphastrea, and brain with brain? I'm already guessing zoas with other zoas are fine. Things like that.
Yes in most cases. A good rule of thumb is 3” apart but with like species…. An inch apart is fine. Zoas can be mixed

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Favites need space. Chalice need space some euphyllia don’t play nice and watch mixing acan species like echinata and pachysepta. Acan lords now micromussa lordhowensis and amakusensis can b kept together in species groups. From my exp. And yes zoas but some grow faster and overgrown others.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

mahig

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’re better off asking specific examples. When you have 2 corals that you want to put next to each other just ask
Sone corals like plates and Duncan simple don’t sting anything and others like Favia and some chalices will destroy.
Do you know if acan and Blastomussa can be together?

Nutramar Foods

LIreefguy

Valuable Member
Review score
+4 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+4 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know if acan and Blastomussa can be together?
Acan is a common name for a group of corals
Acan lords or micro wont string anything unless they physically torch. Bowerbanki same. Acan echanta is another story. They will send out stinging tentacles and if something falls on it will win the batter with pretty much any coral

I seen it destroy chalices, candy cane , acan lords, Scolymia

OP
OP
Knight420

Knight420

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Acan lords or micro wont string anything unless they physically torch. Bowerbanki same. Acan echanta is another story. They will send out stinging tentacles and if something falls on it will win the batter with pretty much any coral

I agree Echanta is the one you would want to isolate. As I said Lords are fine, Bowerbanki is one I didn't mention which is another you can have close to other corals. As they don't have sweeper tentacles

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

My Bowerbanki fell onto (before I glued) one of my Echanta. When I got to it the Bowerbanki was in full attack mode. Luckily it only had attacked the very edge of the Echanta by the time I moved it. A small section of the Echanta died. It didn’t take long for the Echanta to bounce back and the Bowerbanki got glued immediately to its resting place….

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree Echanta is the one you would want to isolate. As I said Lords are fine, Bowerbanki is one I didn't mention which is another you can have close to other corals. As they don't have sweeper tentacles
Bowerbanki’s do have sweeper tentacles. I saw it stinging the Echanta with its white sweeper tentacles out. Bowerbanki won that exchange.

Nutramar Foods

Fishyfish22

Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
for euphelia, frogspawn, octospawn, and hammers can all touch one another but torches will kill all three

LIreefguy

Valuable Member
Review score
+4 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+4 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for euphelia, frogspawn, octospawn, and hammers can all touch one another but torches will kill all three
Torches need a little space. But wouldn’t worry I keep my close

all over can be on top of each other
9FE95B36-F2CA-4A5D-9E79-C2457FEAF691.jpeg
66076F5B-E882-42A0-BEDE-75DD874DDF11.jpeg

World Wide Corals
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
https://www.triton.de/en/
Back