Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is one of the hardiest corals I've kept. It has survived all of my mistakes as well as a brown jelly event that wiped out pretty much everything else aside from zoas and blastos. It grew from a tiny frag into 3 large colonies (it "drips" off polyps that I can then attach elsewhere). I've always thought it was Acan echinata, but I've not been able to find pics of the same variety anywhere. It's a bit shaggier than acans I see on the internet, and each polyp has a small green mouth. Can an expert confirm what I've got here??

IMG_4673.jpg

Top Shelf Aquatics

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is one of the hardiest corals I've kept. It has survived all of my mistakes as well as a brown jelly event that wiped out pretty much everything else aside from zoas and blastos. It grew from a tiny frag into 3 large colonies (it "drips" off polyps that I can then attach elsewhere). I've always thought it was Acan echinata, but I've not been able to find pics of the same variety anywhere. It's a bit shaggier than acans I see on the internet, and each polyp has a small green mouth. Can an expert confirm what I've got here??

View attachment 2907685
I would say that’s most likely a Blasto

Nutramar Foods

Nano sapiens

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back