Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So ive recently noticed my hammer coral hasnt been looking the same as usual, im not entirely sure why but, but maybe someone can answer that question, below are some pics and my levels,

PH: 8.0-8.2
Alk: 10.15
Cal: 398
Mag: 1490
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite:0
Nitrate: 7.9ppm
Phosphate: 0.11ppm
Salinity:
Temp: 78.2
ORP: 292

I dose 40 ml of phyto daily, mainly for upkeep of my pod population, and i dose iodine and strontium weekly due to weekly water changes not keeping up with the uptake, i typically send out ICP test once to twice a month to ensure these two levels stay in check, according to the ICP tests, all elements look fine. i know my calcium is low, thats simple a drop in the past 24 hours due to not filling my calc reservoir, this issue has been going on for a few weeks now, i figured it may go away on its own but it did not, im curious to whether its receiving to much light, or not enough.

Below is the before and after for a visual representation, the polyps are discolored, and not nearly extended or "inflated" as they use to be.

image1.jpeg image0.png

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
A

Aaron1222

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might be to much light… Params look good besides lps like a little higher nitrates
that may be it, my last nitrate test read at 9.8, i havent been the greatest with feeding my fish lately, so not alot of nutrients going into the tank, might have to fix that

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Aquariums Wholesale Live coral auctions every week
Back