Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an LPS heavy nano that was started with dry rock and live sand; approaching about the 1 year mark.
All corals were dipped before going in and they have flourished for the past 6 months or so..

about 2 weeks ago I noticed two of my acans weren’t happy; thought nothing of it and just monitored. A week ago I took a closer look with a magnifying glass and I could see some white pods crawling around the frag disc and assumed they were good guys.

I was wrong.. these pods looked more like ostracods and resembled what I could find on euphyllia white bugs. They look like tiny white sesame seeds and move about clumsily.

these white bugs are swarming the base of the acans and going through holes they’ve created in the “skin” between the polyps. Perhaps some of you who have experienced unknown loss of acans/LPS may have these as well..

Dosed my first round of interceptor tonight and will update tomorrow..

Picture from early august
60221ECD-9800-4189-AB1F-B4969F9CE84D.jpeg

today

A961C1EB-9150-4F5E-A490-C839E14F749E.jpeg

Corals.com

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have an LPS heavy nano that was started with dry rock and live sand; approaching about the 1 year mark.
All corals were dipped before going in and they have flourished for the past 6 months or so..

about 2 weeks ago I noticed two of my acans weren’t happy; thought nothing of it and just monitored. A week ago I took a closer look with a magnifying glass and I could see some white pods crawling around the frag disc and assumed they were good guys.

I was wrong.. these pods looked more like ostracods and resembled what I could find on euphyllia white bugs. They look like tiny white sesame seeds and move about clumsily.

these white bugs are swarming the base of the acans and going through holes they’ve created in the “skin” between the polyps. Perhaps some of you who have experienced unknown loss of acans/LPS may have these as well..

Dosed my first round of interceptor tonight and will update tomorrow..

Picture from early august
View attachment 2828218

today

View attachment 2828219
Pictures are too blue to see what you are referring to
Please repost under white lighting

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
PremiumAquatics.com
Back