Looking for some advice/ opinions on parameters?

BRS

kyleshaw81503

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all I have a 32 gallon bio cube been running for a year and a half now tank is looking great. However the past 2 days I have tested 0 nitrate 0 phosphate. I did do a water change and siphoned the sand pretty good. My nitrate and phosphate have been at an acceptable level for some time now. In the beginning I had some trouble with 0 nitrate and 0 phosphate and had a bad Dino problem.

I have phosphate and nitrate bottled product that I could dose to raise the levels but I hate to do that due to the system looking good for awhile now.

corals not unhappy everything looking good.
My question is should I wait a few more days before I start dosing or should I act now and add the products I have?

I did notice today a couple little spots on 2 different corals what looks to be Dino’s brown bubble stuff and a small section of glass has some bubbles on it.

should I just heavily feed and use reef roids for a couple of days in hopes for an uptick in pho/nit?

also my PH is high usually my PH is around 8.3 in the morning and by evening I’m hitting 8.6 every night haven’t seen any bad effects from running it that high only problem is I tested tonight and the 8.6 is blinking on the Hanna checker so a little concerned. But how do I do a water change when I have a nutrient problem at this time.

any suggestions would be appreciated thank you.

Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Extreme Corals
Back