Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I just setup a 75 gallon with an Eshopps pf-1000 HOB overflow (using Herbie style), Eshopps RS-100 sump, and Eheim 1262 Universal pump and am having some issues and wondering if the return pump is too much (900 gph)? After adjusting the ball valves (on drain and return) we finally got the overflow quieter but the water level in the display tank had dropped a bit and the level in the sump was higher, although it finally seemed stable. There was also quite a bit of water splashing noise that is coming from the drain/filter sock area. I am wondering if I need to swap any equipment out or if perhaps this can be remedied with adjustments? I am honestly so lost here and would really appreciate any advice. Thank you!!

Nutramar Foods

JAC-

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That pump is close to the limit of that overflow, but you should be able to make it work by throttling back the pump.

Once you find the balance you want you can take water out of the sump to get it to the desired level. The sump is the place the water level should raise and lover depending on changes in your system. The return pump and placement of your overflow control the water level in your tank. You should be able to adjust the length of the stand pipes in your overflow a little to help control the water level in the display tank.

One thing you want to make sure of is if your return pump shuts off that the water won't overflow the sump. Unfortunately, you'll then have to fight to get your overflow running again.

Could you post some pictures of your setup?

OP
OP
shanley

shanley

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much for the advice! We also discovered a tiny leak on the emergency so my husband had to pull it all apart and is fixing now, so this pic was before the sand, rock and water went in.
DA4F2E90-4FAE-4058-8372-2ED37D74E476.jpeg

JAC-

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a great setup. If you're ok with the water height in the tank, just use the ball valve on the pump to restrict the flow till it's operating smoothly and then remove water till you get the water level in the sump you like.

You don't have to live by that water level sticker BTW, but it is usually a good height for skimmers etc..

Do you have any type of ATO to help you keep salinity and your pump from running dry?

One other thing assuming you don't have anything already, you may want something to derivt the flow out of the 90 elbow coming back into your tank. That direct drop of the elbow is likely to splash a bit and make lots of bubbles.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Innovative Marine - Made to Order
Back