+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I'm relatively new to reef keeping. I have a nano tank that has been up for about 8 months. I'm looking to join a reef club, as I don't really know anyone else in the hobby, personally. I spend a lot of time on the forums, which is great, but I'd love to actually meet some real people who are into reef keeping.

I live in Highland Park, north of Chicago. It looks like Windy City Reefers is a Chicago-based club. I went to the website but didn't see any information about regular meetings, just info about the frag swap in October. Does the club meet regularly?

Are there any other clubs in Chicago or the north suburbs that I should know about? I'm looking for something with regular meetings where I can meet other reefers.

Thanks!
Noel

Top Shelf Aquatics

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think two clubs just merged in Chicago. The Aquatic Experience gave me the chance to meet some Chicago club guys and they were great. Hopefully it returns to Chicago next year (at New Jersey in 2018). Chicagoreefs, CMAS, I think Windy City is the joint venture of them. Good luck.

OP
OP
grassy_noel

grassy_noel

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think two clubs just merged in Chicago. The Aquatic Experience gave me the chance to meet some Chicago club guys and they were great. Hopefully it returns to Chicago next year (at New Jersey in 2018). Chicagoreefs, CMAS, I think Windy City is the joint venture of them. Good luck.
Nice! Any chance you know when and where they meet?

Thanks!

Top Shelf Aquatics
Nutramar Foods

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Buckeye
Back