Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a 50gal and have 2 clowns that are currently hosting my torch and ticking it off.

I had a BTA that they didn’t host that split into 3 and ended up being the size of a basketball and encroaching on my sps and lps.

other than bubble tips, what options do I have? Was thinking a Sabae Malu. How are they? Will my wrasse or firefish get eaten?

tanks is about 2.5 years old and growing well. 2 30” AI Blades up top @50% all spectrums can hit almost 200 PAR on sandbed with a Nero 3 and a 5 so par and flow aren’t an issue. Just love the nem look and clowns hosting it are the cutest but don’t want them to take over my tank

thanks!

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
One Reefing Boi

One Reefing Boi

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
look into Long tentacles anemones but nothing is going to be a guaranteed host
Yeah I get that, but ok will look into these as well. Do you know if they split a lot or are super aggressive?

ShaneAugust

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I get that, but ok will look into these as well. Do you know if they split a lot or are super aggressive?
I own two purple Long Tentacle Anemones, they’re the best. One hosts my maroon pair and in my other tank it hosts my Tomato clown pair. They rarely ever move, you can put them wherever you want on the sand bed and they’ll stay put. Their sting is pretty mild and I don’t consider them to be aggressive anemones. They will not split.

OP
OP
One Reefing Boi

One Reefing Boi

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I own two purple Long Tentacle Anemones, they’re the best. One hosts my maroon pair and in my other tank it hosts my Tomato clown pair. They rarely ever move, you can put them wherever you want on the sand bed and they’ll stay put. Their sting is pretty mild and I don’t consider them to be aggressive anemones. They will not split.
wonder if the ocellaris can be hosted by it?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
One Reefing Boi

One Reefing Boi

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Absolutely. Play them a video of clownfish swimming within an anemone for a few hours, they’ll go in. It worked for me many times.
Picked up a purple long tentacle anemone - let’s see if they decide to host it

OP
OP
One Reefing Boi

One Reefing Boi

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
does anyone know how potent long tentacle nems are? My ocellaris clown was interested in it but when it touched it, deff got stung because it freaked and swam away and hasn’t gone near it since (2 days ago). Clown is fine otherwise though.
I wanted to try again and use the tube method where you like dump them into the anemone. Anyone have success with this? Or are long tentacle nems pretty potent (unlike a BTA)

Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Precise.Accurate.Reliable.ICP-OES by Reef Labs
Back