Looking at getting back in the hobby and putting large tank in mobile home. Is it even possible?

Fishels

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there guys, gals and fish people. I was into the hobby with dad during my teens and now I’m in my late 20’s and want to possibly try a reef tank. I may be moving to a singlewide trailer soon. I haven’t even seen the trailer (I know this will make a difference ) so I don’t know how solid it will be and I’m in the beginning stages of maybe moving. I know one of the Mobile homes is supposedly pretty new.

I was wondering if keeping a 125-180 gallon tank is even something that is possible with extra support under the home. And if so how much support would I need and how do I determine if that’s an option? I was looking at least a 125 gallon as I want a snowflake eel and a 6 foot tank. In my current apartment the limit is 10 gallons :(

I’ve seen people with double wides saying i was fine but then I saw threads claiming a 50 gallon would be too much.

I can have more than a 10 in the trailer but I was getting discouraged reading a bigger one might not be possible and I’m not sure I wanna move just for that. Thanks for reading. I hope I can find something that will work

Buckster

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is always better to reinforce the flooring than to take a chance. I would place at least a 4x6 beam below the area of the tank and use 4x6 posts to support the beam. The posts should be installed on concrete footers. Always better to brace up the area than to find out later that it wasn't sufficient enough!

Top Shelf Aquatics

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Extreme Corals
Back