LONG TENTACLE ANEMONE WITH MAROON CLOWN

swaroop_sarkar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi.
I don't know if this has been covered, I have a maroon clown and another GOLD stripe maroon clown.
I want to buy an LTA
My question is that will the maroon clownfish host the LTA .

jgabbsxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clownfish will host to whatever they choose to host to. It may take time for them to accept the nem as their host but unfortunately there is no definite yes or no answer that they will host it.

PharmrJohn

The Dude Abides
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep. It's a crap-shoot. I got lucky with mine. But they've been known to be drawn to weirdest of things. Thought I saw yesterday or the day before a very large worm hosting a clown. Clowns are not picky.

jgabbsxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 2 clownfish took to my BTA within hours, they were not maroon's but just my 2 cents. Clownfish are just a little off in the head LOL.

exnisstech

Grumpy old man
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And how to introduce the clown together ( they are in separate tanks )
I have a betta breeding net box
How old are the clowns. You have start with 2 males and hope they sort things out when one transitions. I don't recommend this method because often it results in the death of one fish. This is especially risky with maroons. The other method is to have one long enough to be positive it has transitioned to female then add a small male. In your case it depends on if you have a male and female which could work depending on the female, two males which may work, or two females which will not work.

EDIT : It looks like long tentacle nems are a natural host for maroons. IME maroons have been very quick to host in nems unlike many of the smaller species that may or may not host.
Screenshot_20240920-132600.png

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back