Long horn cow fish with blue spotted ray…thoughts?

Nutramar

Stoatee

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So got a 210 gallon and looking to have both a cow fish and a blue spotted ray along with potentially some large Angel fish and tang. Would the cow fish be compatible with these specified? Thanks

Nutramar Foods

JC1977

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So got a 210 gallon and looking to have both a cow fish and a blue spotted ray along with potentially some large Angel fish and tang. Would the cow fish be compatible with these specified? Thanks
Not sure about the compatibility with cowfish but under no circumstances would I put large angels with a sting ray.

BRS

JC1977

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh what the reason be?
The angels will most likely kill your sting ray or harass it to the the point it stresses out and starves. Also of note the blue spot is one of the more difficult sting rays to keep under the most ideal conditions. There are lots of threads about this subject please don’t just take my word for it. I’m just trying to save you lots of grief down the road.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Angels and Tangs will nip on the stingray. This will likely cause it to go into a death curl and unfortunately it’s rare anyone is able to bring a ray back from that situation.
As for the Cowfish, it’s likely this guy will also nip on the ray.

Do you realise the amount of care rays need?
First off;
They need to be given huge areas of just open sand and often a floating scape is best to keep them. Corals can risk damaging the fins of rays so if you keep SPS then it’ll need to be higher up in the tank.

World Wide Corals
Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

NicerReefs. Your Reef. But Nicer.
Back