Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who uses handled scrapers and can give an honest suggestion? I currently have a continuum scraper but have found the blade tends to bend at the corners. It is not quite as long as my tank is deep so I have to get my hand and wrists wet to reach the bottom and with that I’m also dealing with a ticked off male clown chasing me through the whole tank and attacking as soon as my hand dips below the water surface…doesn’t hurt, just super annoying. I see the new flipper scraper is offered in 28” handle but only has plastic blades or credit cards to use. I also worry the handle won’t be rigid enough when applying pressure to really get the coralline off. The seachem seems to be a good fit but it isn’t offered in anything beyond an 18” handle and I like how it floats should you let go of it or drop it. I have a tendency to lay the scrap across the top of the tank on the weir and edge of glass to drip dry somewhat before stashing it in the stand. There are tons of chinese no name scrapers on amazon including stainless ones which seem like they would stay stiff enough to get the hard stuff off but let’s face it, I have a feeling it’s not truly stainless and will eventually rust. I do have the standard flipper magnetic scraper but should have went with the max because if you move too fast the section in the tank floats off! So let me hear what you guys are using and your honest opinions of it.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
Review score
+4 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+4 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a cheap amazon that is 24" long. Has rust on both sides. Still use it without any problems. A little rust isn't going to kill anything. .....just don't leave it in there. lol Which would be impossible not to notice. The blade does detach and new one can be inserted. Just haven't had the need to yet.

1661735739671.png

1661735767014.png

Top Shelf Aquatics

Dburr1014

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a cheap ss one on Amazon that takes these super thin razor blades that break and flex and are total garbage. Don't buy that one...
Ha, you got one too. Love it when the blade breaks and have to go fishing. Not!

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
Derrick0580

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tuan, that’s pretty much identical to the continuum scraper I have. Same blades and everything. I’d love something that takes actual razor blades
Can better blade be bought and used in it from a big box hardware store?

Limited-time deal: QANVEE Aluminum Magnesium Alloy Aquarium Scraper Cleaner Brush with 10 Stainless Steel Blades for Fish Reef Plant Glass Tank https://a.co/d/5GjNXOC

what about this aluminum one?

BaliReefBox

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this one and it is great. It has box cutter style blades and all I do is loosen the screws after use and rinse in fresh water. It came with 10 spare blades also. I also bought a flipper nano for my toy tank and I must admit the flipper is just not in the same league.

IMG_5323.jpg IMG_5324.jpg

AS

exnisstech

2500 Club Member
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can better blade be bought and used in it from a big box hardware store?

Limited-time deal: QANVEE Aluminum Magnesium Alloy Aquarium Scraper Cleaner Brush with 10 Stainless Steel Blades for Fish Reef Plant Glass Tank https://a.co/d/5GjNXOC

what about this aluminum one?
I have that one. It does a decent job but the blades are rounded on the ends so getting into the corners of the tank is tough. The angle of the head is adjustable which is nice. I don't regret buying it.

Brucealmighty

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this one and it is great. It has box cutter style blades and all I do is loosen the screws after use and rinse in fresh water. It came with 10 spare blades also. I also bought a flipper nano for my toy tank and I must admit the flipper is just not in the same league.

View attachment 2806191 View attachment 2806192
I have got two of these and they can't be beat, yes you can hunt for stronger blades but who really wants to risk of slightly slipping into the silicon seals the blades are absolutely awful for strength but it does the job faithfully, until I snap it by putting too much pressure on it usually, I have 2 because yes I went fishing too but never did catch the second screw so its in there lost somewhere now I have an incredibly long one and no coralline algae or need to touch the water

Gtinnel

10K Club member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have and use the same one that @BaliReefBox posted a picture of. The blades are incredibly thin and sharp and as a result will bend, but I’ve never had one break on me. Even though the scraper is stainless on mine the blades do rust, so if you just take it out of the water and set it aside the blade will rust before the next use.

I wouldn’t want to use it for my regular glass cleaning, but it does a great job IME for the occasional cleaning of coraline covered glass.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Dburr1014

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

View attachment 2806191 View attachment 2806192
Yes, that's the one I have. Blades bend and break on my coralline algae.
I do have a lot of coralline tho.

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, that's the one I have. Blades bend and break on my coralline algae.
I do have a lot of coralline tho.
Yes. This is the one I hate. Last time I used it I was unscrewing the set screw and the whole thing slipped and I sliced myself pretty badly. Needed a tetanus shot.

Nutramar Foods
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
https://www.triton.de/en/
Back