Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am currently living “happily” with dinos.

I beat amphidinium a few months ago and had no resurgence. However, there does appear to be another type of dino living in my tank (small cell amphidinium or coolia is my beat guess), either way it is not dominating the tank by any means. Small patches pop up here and there on the rocks, but dont seam to spread and are easily sucked up with a turkey baster every few days.

Nutrients have not bottoming out since the first epic plague and have been stable at NO3: 20ppm PO4: .02-.09ppm ever since.

The dinos are there, but cant take over because of the competing biodiversity in the tank.. or at least they haven’t yet…(insert my extreme paranoia here). But its been atleast a month of the same. They don't seam to spread or take over just pop up sit and i suck them out with no issues.

Anyone else living “happily” with dinos?
D0A33976-C243-46A4-A559-02D022BF1854.jpeg

Top Shelf Aquatics
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am currently living “happily” with dinos.

I beat amphidinium a few months ago and had no resurgence. However, there does appear to be another type of dino living in my tank (small cell amphidinium or coolia is my beat guess), either way it is not dominating the tank by any means. Small patches pop up here and there on the rocks, but dont seam to spread and are easily sucked up with a turkey baster every few days.

Nutrients have not bottoming out since the first epic plague and have been stable at NO3: 20ppm PO4: .02-.09ppm ever since.

The dinos are there, but cant take over because of the competing biodiversity in the tank.. or at least they haven’t yet…(insert my extreme paranoia here). But its been atleast a month of the same. They don't seam to spread or take over just pop up sit and i suck them out with no issues.

Anyone else living “happily” with dinos?
View attachment 3082964
Every tank has them. We just keep them from becoming a plague.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Corals.com
Back