Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A quick Q how long could rock survive out of water I need to catch my 2 fish but it's impossible with all the rock in the tank

the pieces with coral will be thrown in sump/buckets and kept submerged

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Bruttall

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stored in Tank Water the rock will survive, you can add some flake food to the container of water, like when you first start to cycle a tank, and for the same reasons as when you start the cycle. to introduce ammonia source so the nitrifying bacteria has something to eat!!

Nutramar Foods

aSaltyKlown

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It can be a couple of hours, but there may be some die-off on the surface. I've had rock out for over 30 minutes with no ill effects. As mentioned, put the rock in a bucket along with some tank water. The lower water level will help as well. If you can't put the rock in water, get a spray bottle filled with tank water and spray the rock down every few minutes.

Dburr1014

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A quick Q how long could rock survive out of water I need to catch my 2 fish but it's impossible with all the rock in the tank

the pieces with coral will be thrown in sump/buckets and kept submerged
What fish are you catching?
Do you have plastic bags from grocery stores? They can help to block fish in a corner. I also use 2 nets to corner them.

To your question, as said, they can be out a good while. And also said, draining tank a 1/4 or 1/2 down will also help. That with bags and 2 nets, Easy peasy. All flow off.
Coral, depending on what you have, can be out of water also. Low tide will expose coral, it is no different.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back