Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are considerations for housing the same species together, and some but less so with different species. Males are agressive and territorial towards each other, so the first consideration is tank size. The zebra can not be definitively visually sexed, in mature species comparatively you can guess by size and head shape and size. Tank size recommendations for more than one would be a minimum of 75g with multiple caves and vertical perching area. My current pride consist of 4 lions of different species in a 90g, there is no aggression in this group although the antennata does not hang with other 3. I have had groups before that there was aggression and after death was confirmed that they were both males, of different species. Males of the same species seem to exhibit more vicious aggression towards each other, and in smaller tanks always ends badly. Even in larger tanks you must observe closely that the aggression doesn't get out of hand. You may also get lucky and get only one male. Initial success in juveniles doesn't always prove to be long term as they mature.
Awesome thank you for that write up! I will keep that in mind. If I do attempt to pair this one with another it will be far in the future with more experience with this one under my belt

Nutramar Foods

smoothdawg65

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I absolutely love Lionfish!! Sadly I don't think they will be compatible with my tank setup, so instead I will just have to keep viewing awesome Lionfish photos here!!

That being said... This is by far my favorite Lionfish photo.View attachment 370127
~Matt
that is a beautiful fish

Avast

lion king

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20220428_213134.jpg

Raised this beaut from a pup

AS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Torch SALE
Back